10 August 2015

Straight outta Wall Street

I was quoted in an article in the Wall Street Journal yesterday.

I told a joke.


That’s about par for the course for me.

I actually had a long chat with the author for this piece, arising from a post I wrote back in May about that fruit fly paper with over 1,000 authors. He was able to extract key points from our meandering conversation into something short and punchy and entertaining. I’m glad I was able to help.

The piece does a fine job of laying out the issue of authorship. It also has some funny stories about “honorary” authorships to a computer, an Afghan hound, and so on.

Related post

When does authorship stop meaning anything useful?

External links

How Many Scientists Does It Take to Write a Paper? Apparently, Thousands

No comments: