28 January 2010

Letter in Science!

The kind of research I do very rarely gets in the so-called “glamour magazines” of science, so this is likely to be the only time I get anything in a major weekly scientific journal.

My letter is in response to an editorial by Science’s editor-in-chief Bruce Alberts earlier this month (Alberts B. 2010. Promoting scientific standards. Science 327: 12. http://dx.doi.org/10.1126/science.1185983). I propose that credit in scientific papers might be better served by using credits for something like cinema instead of literature.

The PDF is behind a paywall, but you can listen to it on the podcast! It is dead last, but if you want to use the wonders of fast-forwarding, you’ll find it at 29:48 from the start.

I’m pretty pleased that I submitted it as a letter instead of just blogging about it.

Faulkes Z. 2010. Taking a Cue from the Silver Screen. Science 327: 523. http://dx.doi.org/10.1126/science.327.5965.523-a

Follow-up posts

Credit converegence

No comments: