16 February 2005

Round the twist

I got my computer back today. The screen is now working. I should be happy, but I am instead incredibly angry.

Because, you see, the computer helpdesk didn't simply fix the problem that I had (broken screen). No, they took it upon themselves to made some changes to my operating system. All my settings for my programs? Gone. I can't access some of my files. And I certainly can't install new software. They managed to give my office computer a lobotomy. I hate to think how much time I am going to waste trying to get things put back to the level of functionality I had before the helpdesk "helped."

So what can I do? I have to call the helpdesk and my request goes to the bottom of the queue.

Dealing with our helpdesk is like fighting a freaking hydra. For every problem you kill, two more rise to take its place.

No comments: